OVHC wants you to email the health committee and your legislators!
Not sure what to say? No worries! You can use some talking points from the sample emails on our website! Don't know who your legislator is? You can find that on our site too!
1. Go to www.ok4vaxchoice.com
2. Log in or make an account, it's easy! You just need an email.
3. Click on "members only", then click "sample emails", then click on the email you would like to view.
4. Please do not copy the email word for word. Legislators appreciate hearing your personal stories and seeing your pictures. Feel free to use talking points and sources from the sample emails, but please add your own spin on them.
5. If you don't know your legislators click on "find my legislator" and enter your address in the boxes provided
6. Make sure you are looking at your STATE legislators (1 senator and 1 representative), click their names and copy and paste their emails.
7. Copy and paste the following emails of the senate health committee members. Include them on your email too!
Thanks for your continued support OVHC members!!
Dr. Eve Switzer, an Enid pediatrician, has filed a lawsuit against Dr. Jim Meehan and Oklahomans for Vaccine and Health Choice- PAC in regards to the newsletter she wrote as president of the Oklahoma Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. In addition, she is a member of the board of a political action committee that is working with Senator Yen to remove the personal and religious vaccine exemptions that Oklahoma has held dear for decades.
Here is the defamation lawsuit against Oklahomans for Vaccine & Health Choice- PAC. Our legal counsel believes that this lawsuit has no basis other than an attempt to harass, intimidate, and silence our voice.
This lawsuit is seemingly intended to undermine our organization's credibility and has no merit. It is our belief that Eve Switzer is not only trying to deplete our funds, but our energy, as well. Hopefully, this lawsuit will only serve to fire you up as it has us!
If you have been on the sidelines, it is time to step in the battle with us. Only successful organizations come under such threats! Therefore, we must be doing something right! We do not want anyone to be intimidated by these attempts, but we do need your help like never before!
We have hired one of the best defamation attorneys in Oklahoma. Therefore, we will need to pay for the legal fees incurred to defend our freedom to speak out as the voice for your vaccine choice! Please talk to your spouse about what you can donate and talk to other like-minded friends and family about joining the fight! Please also consider a re-occurring donation as our battle is not just about vaccine choice anymore! It is about having the freedom to speak and share the concerns that you report to us! Please donate to these legal expenses at ok4vaxchoice.com/donate
Proverbs 31:8 - Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.
#OVHC #Biggerin2017 #Strongerin2017 #Unstoppable
Bad news :(
This news is no doubt a game changer for Senator Yen. A press release was sent out today confirming that he has been named chair of the Health & Human Services Committee. You read that right. Senator Yen is now chair of the Health & Human Services Committee. He's now the one who will decide which health-related bills get heard and do not get heard in that committee. The ball is now in his court. There is really no doubt that our vaccine exemptions will be threatened this year. The question is when and how fast can we educate that committee? Stay tuned to find out who will be in the HHS committee. Will it be your senator?
So what do we do now?
We increase our membership, we increase our donations, and we increase our volume. We MUST have our voices heard!
1) Continue to educate your friends and family about the tyrannical behavior going on at our state capitol. Continue to tell them about our group. Add people you know and trust to our closed Facebook group. Power in numbers!
2) DONATE! We need $5,000 minimum to fund our Health Freedom Rally in February, printing costs throughout the legislative season, educational events, etc. We have BIG PLANS that will make a lasting impression at the capitol for our February rally and we need to be able to fund it. Join us for our December fundraising event on Facebook here. If you've already donated, THANK YOU!
3) Turn up the volume! Make some noise! The legislative session begins in February. Our Health Freedom Rally is also in February and will give you the perfect opportunity to make some noise at the capitol. Come and join us and get to know your legislators while you're there. We are the "nice guys" so remember to always be nice, but definitely make your voice heard! Our legislators must know that Oklahoma parents will NOT stand by and watch our rights be taken away! Not now, not EVER!
4) Do you have a vaccine injury story or perhaps you were "fired" from your doctor's practice because you decided against certain vaccinations or maybe you didn't agree with the current schedule as it is given? Please email us any stories you have. We are especially interested in any letters they sent you stating they would no longer see you as a patient. We are continuing to collect these stories as this will help us to educate our legislators, especially the HHS committee.
P.S. Have you called Senator Lankford and Senator Inhofe about the 21st Century Cures Act yet? We are still waiting on the final vote. Yesterday, they voted to invoke cloture, 85 to 13 and they had up to 48 hours to discuss after that. They could vote at any time. We urge you to call Senator Lankford at 202-224-5754 and Senator Inhofe at 202-224-4721 and tell them to vote NO on HR34, the 21st Century Cures Act. For more info on the specifics of this bill, please see here.